REQUIREMENTS FOR CHILD CARE PROVIDERS
The child care providers working with Sunflower Sitters are self-employed individuals. They are not employees of Sunflower Sitters as we are a referral service only.
- Be, at least, 18 years of age or older.
- Hold a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Have at least 2 years of positive, relevant experience working with or caring for children. Preference given to those with coursework/training in education, child development or a related field.
- Provide information for a background check which will include, but is not limited to, references, driving history report, sex offenders registry and criminal records.
- Provide proof of CPR/1st aid certification (within 30 days of first referral).
- Provide auto insurance documentation or have access to it.
- Provide documentation of any other credentials/certification related to child care, education or training.
Our rates of pay for providers are as follows:
- 1 child at $10.00/hour
2 children at 11.00/hour
3 children at $12.00/hour
4 children at $13.00/hour
5 children at $14.00/hour
6 children at $15.00/hour
- Sick child care at $15.00/hour
Minimum billing time for Friday and Saturday nights is 4 hours. All other times of the week have a minimum billing time of 2 hours. Child care providers are to be paid directly by the client on the date of service. If the minimum time is not met, the provider will still be paid for the minimum hours (ie. if the client comes home after 2 1/2 hours on a Friday or Saturday night, the provider is still paid for the full 4 hours).
First Aid/CPR Classes: